Thursday, December 31, 2009

Around Hua Hin

Hua Hin is, most likely, where we will retire. So, we checked out the countryside and beaches. Here are shots of the countryside and in the hills just above the town. The first shot is our retirement home -- no need for air conditioning, aye?






Golf course -- one of many!







A fun retro-village area with shops, outdoor movies, etc. Fun!



















































This green flower is the all-time coolest flower! A guy wrote down the name of it in Thai (which I can't read) so Jeri and Boy will look it up. Very rare in Thailand. Flowers hang from a vine!
Yes, these are olive trees! 'never thought it got that dry, here, but in this region it does!

2 comments:

Karissa Kohring said...

Hua hin looks beautiful! Well- the pictures that our computer will load:-) And christmas looked so fun! Nice glasses!!!

Most looking forward to 2010? You guys coming, my parents coming, and hopefully completing my first triathalon, or 1/2 marathon if I don't inherit a bike somehow:-)

Sharon said...

Marvelous answers, Karissa! Crazy that your guest are going to be less than 2 months apart ... it'd be nice to spread the love out a bit, aye?!
We're sooooo looking forward to seeing you-guys!
1/2 marathon sounds brutal enough! I'm impressed with either option -- you go, girl! (I know, that's so 90's!)