I couldn't blog about this before it happened because I was surprising my dad --- I traveled to Alaska for his 80th birthday!Having just returned a few days ago, I thought a blog entry was long overdue and some of you have been concerned about our status. Not to fear!
Life in Lagos continues. Security issues have become of increasing concern so we're on an early curfew. The steps we've recently gone through with increasing restrictions remind us far too much of our experiences in Port Harcourt. That is not a life we'd like to repeat ...
I hadn't been back in the good ole U.S. of A. since August of '06! It was sweet to land on "home" soil! I just wish that Jim could have accompanied me.
Because I've returned with a whoppin' cold/bug and my energy is low and my work load high, I shant have time to blog much right now.
But allow me to end with a few photos of Dad's birthday celebrations and a comment:
I am so blessed to have a father like my Dad. Other girls say this but it's really true in this case -- I've got the best Dad in the world! His godly character and wisdom is unmatched. His work ethic, servant heart, care for people, ... astounding! It was a joy to spend valuable time with Mom and Dad in the land of ice and snow!
3 comments:
These are great pictures!
Isn't it great to honor our wonderful fathers. Like you, I am also blessed to have "the best" father. I'm so glad that you had the chance to spend time with your Dad and your family. Keep the news and photos coming! And .. .stay safe!
I'm sure your dad was pleased to see you again. What a great thing you did. I'm also blessed with the "best" Swedish father in the world. He's 85 this year in July.
Wow, Kristina, 85! Do you get to see him very often?
We were in Sweden just once (Jim, myself, our kids) -- for my sister's wedding in Renkvilla (OK, I've just killed the spelling!) in the church in which our grandfather grew up. Gorgeous!
SK
Post a Comment