Jim and I are fine. Nigeria has been in the news ... again ... I don't want to give much information here, but, we did have more from the expat community kidnapped.
'just wanted you to know that we're being relocated -- taking one suitcase each. After things settle down, we'll probably get the rest of our belongings. We'll be staying with a friend in Lagos for awhile. Emails and mobile phones will still work!
We are still feeling relatively safe but our hearts are heavy for those who are hostages. I don't think we'll ever joke, again, about our camps feeling like a prison. Those who are truly prisoners would give anything for our comforts!
Sunday, June 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Dear Sharon,
I have been reading about the seeming deteriorating state of things and will be praying for you. I hope you know you and Jim are loved. I was also excited to here about the new study and will look forward to seeing it soon. Love from all the Nelsons.
Thanks for the update. Please stay in touch if you can. We will be with you and Jim always in every way we can from here. We'll be praying for relief and safety for all! We're sending you "Gobs" of love! (Sharon, I've never heard anyone but you say that word and so it came to mind ...)
Sharon and Jim,
I hope this comment finds you safe and sound in Lagos. You have been through a lot in recent weeks. Stay safe.
We are now getting settled into our new apartment in Poland. We have been here a month already. Have you had a chance to follow our website? www.fahland.com
Keep everyone posted.
Cousin Johnny
Thanks, all, for your prayers and support!
We are in a nice guest house (except it rarely has hot water, internet wasn't working but now is, bathroom has flooding issues ... but it's clean and newly renovated!)and my work is keeping me hopping -- meeting with people who are struggling with the whole thing, meeting with people who WITNESSED the whole thing ... imagine the post-traumatic stress for them!
I'll keep you posted, for sure!
Post a Comment