Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Orchid Updates



















Photos are all of my orchids (now the count is up to 7 plants!) except the shot of an orchid "booth" at the Total Bazaar last weekend. Some blooming stems last 3 months ... one variety -- the one with the little, twisted petals, can last up to 6 months! Don't put in soil -- just a little moss and a lot of charcoal or coconut shell pieces to retain the moisture, water well, let dry fully before the next watering, fertilize once a week, spray with mist each morning and evening, keep out of direct sunlight, and pray over each one as you talk with it [ :-) ]! I keep all of mine outside ... they don't like ACs too much and even though I don't use ACs in the living/dining area during most of the daytime, even a little bit dries them out ... imagine what it does to our skin and hair -- that's why I avoid using them as much as possible! But I might bring one into the guest bathroom because there's no AC in there. However, I'm hesitant because there's no air movement in there, either, and they like a little breeze. We'll see ... I'll keep you updated.

No comments: