I've been trying to load some photos of Perch for more than a week. He's been visiting almost daily of late. He truly is quite used to me and my camera so though others who walk by his tree scare him off, he seems to be gracious about my photo sessions. He's got to be the most photographed bird around these parts!
I wish I could put a grouping of his poses on here but for now I'll post this and hope that I can add the photos later this evening ... learning to be patient is a survival skill for us, here! :-)
This whole Perch-thing is a bit odd. I'm not fond of indoor, caged birds at all. (Jim will confirm that!) But somehow every time Perch comes to visit I feel as though God is giving me a hug ... You can see why I welcome Perch's visits!
3 comments:
What a gorgeous bird is your Perch. Any idea of his kind?
Yeah, he's some kind of Kingfisher. Jim's cousin, Kristine, gave some info about him on an earlier blog when he first visited me many months ago. He's migratory so he'll be taking off sometime soon, I fear! He's always alone ...
Sharon,
I'm just catching up on your blog. I haven't read it for a few months or so.
Of course, the first thing I saw was the picture of your Woodland Kingfisher. Isn't it wonderful how Perch returned to you!! This would thrill me no end. He sure is beautiful.
About how long does he hang around?
Take care, I enjoy your blog. Do ever look at mine?
kristinasafari.blogspot.com
Post a Comment